aTV Flash 4.3 Now Available
We are pleased to announce the release of aTV Flash version 4.3 for the original silver AppleTV. Included are some new features, as well as a number of improvements to existing features and core components. Read on for more details.
What's new in 4.3?
- Added File Sharing (SMB Server)
- Improved DVD file playback
- Improved metadata scrapers
- Improved Last.fm scrobbling (2.0)
- Improved FTP and SSH connections
- Improved memory management
- Improved installation routine
- Improved system tools
- Minor UI improvements
- Other miscellaneous fixes
What can I do with File Sharing?
File Sharing allows you to stream non-iTunes media stored on your AppleTV (including media stored on external drives) to other devices including a second AppleTV (silver or black) or a Mac/PC computer.
How to use File Sharing
After installing the File Sharing package through the Maintenance --> Install Extras menu, the File Sharing option can be enabled through the Maintenance --> Settings menu.
When File Sharing is enabled (or set to Auto-Start) the relevant connection info will be visible when the File Sharing item is highlighted. The AppleTV's username and password are both 'frontrow' (without quotes).
Great! Where can I get it?
aTV Flash version 4.3 is available through the Downloads tab in your account. If you're already running aTV Flash on your AppleTV you can update through the Maintenance --> Manage Plugins menu.
- Infuse 3.3.1 with 64-bit support
- Infuse 3.3 now available
- Infuse 3.2 with Google Cast
- Introducing aTV Flash (xbmc edition)
- Infuse 3.1 with trakt sync
- Infuse 3.0.2 - Hi10P video and fixes
- Infuse 3.0.1 - a few fixes
- Infuse 3 has arrived...with DTS!
- Critical update: Infuse & TMDb
- Infuse 2.3: Now Streaming Plex + XBMC