Seas0nPass Updated for AppleTV 4.3
Seas0nPass has been updated to support an un-tethered jailbreak of the new AppleTV 4.3 (8F455) software. A big thanks goes to comex for helping port the Saffron jailbreak to the AppleTV. For the uninitiated, Seas0nPass is the simplest jailbreaking tool available for the AppleTV, and the first to support the new 4.3 version.
What's new in AppleTV 4.3?
- iTunes TV Shows: Purchase your favorite TV shows directly from the iTunes Store, and watch the shows you already own, in HD.
- Vimeo: Browse and play videos from Vimeo, access your video inbox, and mark videos you want to watch later.
- 4.3 is also required to access Movie and TV Show rentals.
What happens to my jailbreak and settings if I choose to update?
If you choose to update you will lose your current installation of aTV Flash (black) and any related settings. If the above features don't excite you the auto-update feature can be disabled through the Maintenance --> Settings menu.
Is aTV Flash (black) compatible?
Yes! aTV Flash (black) Beta6 is compatible with the new 4.3 software. Simply re-run the aTV Flash (black) installer after jailbreaking and you'll be automatically be updated to the latest and greatest version.
Additionally we have a shiny new version of Media Player (0.7.1) for you!
What's new in Media Player 0.7.1?
- Added more subtitle encoding types
- Added subtitle options (size, color, border)
- Added support for folder cover art
- Improved audio track detection
- Improved AFP/SMB streaming
- Improved chapter support
- Improved .srt subtitle support
- Improved subtitle settings (persistent)
- Improved DVD playback and menu handling
- Improved appearance of Loading/Buffering box
- Resolved crashes when trying to access a broken/unavailable share
- Resolved issues related to displaying metadata
- Other miscellaneous fixes
Great! How do I update?
The latest version of Seas0nPass (and user guides) can be found at seas0npass.com.
The new version of Media Player can be downloaded on your ATV2 through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu. If you need to re-install aTV Flash (black), links for the latest version can be found under the Downloads tab in your account.
New users can pre-order aTV Flash (black) here.