Seas0nPass Updated for AppleTV 4.4
Seas0nPass has been updated to support a TETHERED jailbreak of the new AppleTV 4.4 (iOS 5) software released on 10/12 (also supported are the new minor updates - 4.4.1 released on 10/17, 4.4.2 released on 10/24, 4.4.3 released on 11/17, and 4.4.4 released on 12/16). Full details on what's new in 4.4, status of 3rd party features, and how to update are below.
Should I update?
Currently the jailbreak for 4.4+ is tethered, which is a bit less convenient than an untethered version. If the features added in 4.4 excite you it may be worth updating; however, the previous 4.3 version will continue to be supported so updating is not required.
The full list of changes included in 4.4 can be found below:
- AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
Apple has also added support for subtitles in Netflix and three new slideshow themes: Photo Wall, Flip-up, and Shifting Tiles.
Which plugins are supported on 4.4?
- Couch Surfer (works)
- Last.fm (works)
- Media Player (works)
- NitoTV (works)
- Overflow (works)
- Remote HD (works)
- Rowmote (works)
- RSS Feeds (works)
- Weather (works)
- XBMC (nightly builds only)
- Plex (not working)
How do I update?
Seas0nPass will default to the latest untethered version, which is currently 4.3. If you want to use Seas0nPass to update and jailbreak a newer version simply follow the steps below.
- Download version 4.4.4 (9A406a) and save the IPSW in an easy to find location.
- Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
- Open Seas0nPass and Option + click (Mac) or Shift + click (PC) the Create IPSW button and select the new IPSW file that was downloaded in step #1.
- Seas0nPass will complete the jailbreak and restore process automatically.
- After the restore is complete, move the AppleTV to your TV and follow the steps for performing a Tethered Boot.
A demo video that outlines the tethered jailbreak process can be found here.
Update: It seems Apple has taken down the 4.4.1 AppleTV update due a number of reported issues. For now 4.4 is the recommended version for those wishing to update.
Update 2: The 4.4.1 version has been re-released.
Update 3: Seas0nPass has been updated to support AppleTV 4.4.2 - released on 10/24.
Update 4: Seas0nPass has been updated to support AppleTV 4.4.3 - released on 11/17.
Update 5: Seas0nPass has been updated to support AppleTV 4.4.4 - released on 12/15.