aTV Flash (black) 2.0
We are pleased to announce the release aTV Flash (black) 2.0 for the 2nd generation Apple TV. Version 2.0 goes beyond just watching videos, and adds in a ton of new features that make browsing and watching media on the Apple TV more enjoyable than ever.
2.0 is a free update for all current aTV Flash (black) users, so keep reading for more details on everything that's new.
Browse by category
The new Library View will now index all your media (even if stored on multiple devices) and automatically organize movies, TV shows and music into easy to use categories such as: genre, release date, star rating, age rating and others. TV shows will also be group by series/season automatically so there's no more worrying about keeping your folders perfectly organized.
While we think this is a great new way to browse and enjoy your media, the original file/folder based browsing will remain intact and working as an alternative option.
Fully integrated search
Sometimes you know what you want to watch, and don't want to browse. With our new integrated search you can do just that. This powerful search tool allows you to search by movie, TV series/episode, song, artist, album or filename. Just start typing and the results will start being displayed instantly.
Keep it all in sync
Also new for 2.0 is trakt.tv syncing. This is a great feature if you're trying to keep multiple Apple TVs in sync, as if you watch a movie on the first device it will also appear as watched on the 2nd. Additionally, if you manually mark a movie or show as watched on trakt.tv, it will automatically get marked as watched on the Apple TV. In a similar fashion, Last.fm scrobbling allows you track music plays in your Last.fm profile.
- Added all-new Library View
- Added integrated media search
- Added trakt.tv 2-way syncing
- Added Last.fm scrobbling
- Added genre/artist based playlists
- Added Recently Added display option
- Improved handling of WTV files
- Improved handling of DVD audio tracks
- Improved AFP connections
- Improved filename recognition
- Improved subtitle handling
- Resolved various navigation issues
- Resolved rare DVD playback issues
- Resolved rare subtitles positioning issue
- Many other minor improvements and fixes
Does this work on the 3rd gen Apple TV?
Outstanding! Where can I get it?
aTV Flash (black) is available for purchase and instant download here.
If you're already running a version of aTV Flash (black) you can update right on the Apple TV through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu. The new 2.0 version is also available through the Downloads tab in your account.
Full details on setting up and using the new Library View can be found here.
Note: Apple TV version 4.4 or later is required for aTV Flash (black) 2.0.
- Infuse 3.3 now available
- Infuse 3.2 with Google Cast
- Introducing aTV Flash (xbmc edition)
- Infuse 3.1 with trakt sync
- Infuse 3.0.2 - Hi10P video and fixes
- Infuse 3.0.1 - a few fixes
- Infuse 3 has arrived...with DTS!
- Critical update: Infuse & TMDb
- Infuse 2.3: Now Streaming Plex + XBMC
- New goodies in Infuse 2.2.2