The wait is over, and today we’re happy to release updated versions of aTV Flash (black) and Seas0nPass that support the recently released 5.2 (iOS 6.1) Apple TV software. Big thanks goes to the evad3rs for making much of this possible.
Hooray for Bluetooth!
To the delight of many loyal users, Apple officially added support for Bluetooth keyboards in Apple TV 5.2, and we’ve been working non-stop to provide a seamless experience in aTV Flash (black) 2.2. Now features such as web browsing, media playback, library browsing and more can all be controlled using a wireless keyboard. Don’t worry, the normal remote will still work as well.
Full list of changes
- NEW! Added support for Apple TV 5.2 and Bluetooth keyboards
- Minor improvements to backups
- Minor improvements to DVD playback
- A handful of other bug fixes and improvements
Note: Some 3rd party plugins such as Plex, Remote HD,
Rowmote, and XBMC are not yet compatible with the 5.1+ Apple TV software.
Update 2/21: XBMC is now available for Apple TV 5.2!
Update 3/4: Rowmote has been updated for Apple TV 5.2!
What’s the best way to update?
aTV Flash (black) 2.2 is compatible with any ATV2 running 4.4 and later, so updating to 5.2 is not required. However, should you so desire, the best way to update can be found below.
- Backup your settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
- Run the latest version of Seas0nPass to update the Apple TV to 5.2.
- Download and install the new 2.2 version of aTV Flash (black).
- Install any desired items through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu.
- Restore the previously saved settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
- That’s it!
If you’re new to aTV Flash (black) you can learn about all the goodies here.