Posted on May 8th, 2013 by james
We’ve listened to your feedback, and are happy to announce the release of Infuse version 1.2.3. Here’s what’s new in this release:
- Added ‘Other’ metadata option to better handle unlisted videos
- Adjusted mute switch behavior to prevent missing audio in certain cases
- Improved iTunes library content filtering
- Improved reliability of subtitle downloads
- Resolved issue with blurry videos on iPad mini and iPad 2
- Resolved issue with auto-hiding of playback controls
- Resolved issue with missing status bar on iPod Touch 3G
- A few other minor fixes and performance improvements
A number of additional features are also the works including: WiFi/FTP file uploads, AirPlay, network streaming, and more. If you have an idea for something you’d like to see in a future version, feel free to post your suggestion in our forum.
If you’re new to Infuse, you can get the full scoop on everything it offers here.
Posted on April 30th, 2013 by james
We are excited to introduce Infuse for iOS, the beautiful new way to enjoy your favorite videos on the go. Infuse bridges the gap between synced content and other media formats and adds in a powerful set of intuitively designed features that make watching videos more enjoyable than ever.
Videos, videos, videos
In addition to playing the content you already have on your iPhone or iPad, Infuse adds support for many other popular media formats such as AVI, MKV, WMV and many others. Now there’s no need to waste precious time converting your files just to play them.
Upgrade to Infuse, and browse through videos in a beautifully designed, visually engaging interface. Infuse automatically keeps everything organized and up-to-date and will download detailed movie info and artwork as needed.
Super easy subtitles
Great content isn’t always available in your favorite language, and tracking down subtitles can be a pain. Infuse changes all that. With just a few taps you can add subtitles in the language of your choice and display them with crisp, retina quality text when you start you movie. Of course if you already have your own subtitles, Infuse can use those as well.
Infuse + trakt = ♥
trakt is a great way to keep a comprehensive history of all tv shows and movies you’ve watched and get recommendations based on which you’ve liked (or disliked). And since Infuse scrobbles everything you watch back to trakt, keeping everything in sync is now easier than ever.
Availability and pricing
Infuse is now available worldwide at an introductory price of $4.99, and can be used on any iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 5 or later.
or click here to learn more about Infuse.
Posted on January 11th, 2013 by james
Happy New Year! To help start 2013 off on the right foot we’ve got a fresh new version of aTV Flash (black) for your enjoyment. In this new version we’ve worked to included a number of highly requested features as well as a slew of other improvements, fixes and all-around goodness. We’re also working on some other really great things that will be available in the coming weeks/months, but for now a few highlights of what’s included in the 2.1 update can be found below.
TV Show Playlists
Now it’s easier than ever to pick up where you left off with your favorite show. After you decide which show to watch, simply hold the center button and choose the playlist option. That’s it! You’ll be taken to the first unwatched episode, and will continue playing until your run out of shows or your eyes turn into puffy white marshmallows, whichever comes first.
Super Customizable Favorites
Favorites provide a handy way to get to what you want as quickly as possible. They’re displayed right in the main menu, and just got a whole lot better in version 2.1. Need a quick link to season 4 of The Office? Check. How about having a list of celebration videos that contain the word word birthday? Done. With these new options for Favorites there’s really no limit on what you can do.
Full List of Changes
- NEW! TV Show Playlists - easily pick up from the last unwatched episode
- NEW! Custom Favorites - create favorites from almost anything, including search terms
- Big speed improvements while browsing movies/shows
- Library and Search items can now be hidden from main menu
- Now showing ‘Writers’ instead of ‘Producers’ on pre-playback screen
- .ite folders are now hidden from view
- Hidden files are no longer included in slideshows
- Better metadata fetching
- Better trakt syncing and scrobbling
- Better handling of network settings and errors
- Many search related improvements
- Many subtitle related improvements (special characters, performance, etc…)
- Fixed rare Last.fm scrobbling issue
- Fixed rare problems when playing audio files
- Fixed a few memory related issues
- iOS 6 support
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
Cool stuff! Where can I get it?
As usual, updating can be done right on the Apple TV through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu. If for some reason you need to re-install, links for the latest version can be found in your account under the Downloads tab.
If you’re new to aTV Flash (black) you can learn about all included goodies here.
Note: Version 2.1 requires an ATV2 running Apple TV version 4.4 or later.