Apple TV (ATV2) 5.0 Update
Today we're happy to release new versions of Seas0nPass and aTV Flash (black) that are compatible with latest 5.0 (iOS 5.1) software running on the ATV2. A ton of work has gone into getting everything updated, and a huge thanks go out to Brandon Holland (@640774n6) and Dustin Howett (@DHowett) who both contributed immensely in adding support for 5.0.
Is this a tethered or untethered jailbreak? What's the difference?
Seas0nPass currently provides a tethered jailbreak for the new 5.0 (iOS 5.1) Apple TV software. Functionally, both jailbreak types are identical, the only difference being that a tethered jailbreak requires the Apple TV to be connected to a Mac/PC when first powering it on. Since the Apple TV doesn't have a battery, and is rarely ever powered off, this usually only needs to be done once.
What's new in the 5.0 Apple TV software? Should I update?
- New interface: - Fast, visual access to all content choices
- Movie purchases in iCloud: Support for buying movies on Apple TV and playing back purchased movies from iCloud
- Genius Recommendations: Recommendations for content on the iTunes Store based on previous rentals and purchases
- Screensaver photos: New National Geographic photos built-in for screensaver
- On-device sign-up: On-device sign up for content partners on Apple TV using your Apple ID
Updating to the new 5.0 software is not required, and all aTV Flash (black) features will continue to be supported on Apple TV versions 4.2 and later.
What about the ATV3, will this work?
Unfortunately not. Work is still ongoing for the ATV3, and we hope to have more news soon. For the latest updates be sure to follow us on Twitter.
Which plugins are currently supported on 5.0?
- Couch Surfer (works)
- Last.fm (works)
- Maintenance (works)
- Media Player (works)
- NitoTV (works)
- Plex (works)
- Remote HD (works)
- Rowmote (works)
- RSS Feeds (works)
- Weather (works)
- XBMC (works)
- Overflow (not working)
Note: Non-working items require an author update for 5.0 compatibility.
Screenshots! Give us screenshots!
We listened to all the feedback we received and integrated the new icons in a way that should please virtually everyone. Check out the screenshots below for the final result.
Media loves to live in the top row.
If you don't have room, it will hang out in its next favorite spot.
All-new top bar navigation means navigating through your media has never been easier.
Superb! Where can I get it?
Seas0nPass 0.8.3 is available as a free download from Seas0nPass.com.
aTV Flash (black) 1.4.1 can be found in your account under the Downloads tab.
If you're not yet using aTV Flash (black) you can learn about all the great benefits here.
- Infuse 3.3.1 with 64-bit support
- Infuse 3.3 now available
- Infuse 3.2 with Google Cast
- Introducing aTV Flash (xbmc edition)
- Infuse 3.1 with trakt sync
- Infuse 3.0.2 - Hi10P video and fixes
- Infuse 3.0.1 - a few fixes
- Infuse 3 has arrived...with DTS!
- Critical update: Infuse & TMDb
- Infuse 2.3: Now Streaming Plex + XBMC